Security Risk Assessment Level 1
Why Should You Conduct a Risk Assessment?
Most of the business professionals we work with tell us they don't have time to really assess the risks present in their IT systems and personnel. They don’t have time to assess…
- Applications Issues
- Collaboration Constraints
However, an in-depth analysis of these “Four Pillars” can often uncover factors that will save you at least $100,000. What we find can help you avoid penalties, increase efficiency, minimize risk of system failure, and avoid costly downtime.
Four Pillars Assessment Can Solve the 3 Most Common Problems IT Departments Face…
Problem #1: Lack of Response. When your network goes down or is experiencing a problem, it brings your entire firm to a screeching halt. With the fast pace of business today, you can't afford to wait. Our assessment will identify potential ‘response issues’ and outline a plan for solving them.
Problem #2: Poor Communication and Service. Significant risks and losses can be mitigated with proper communication procedures. Many business owners are unsatisfied with the ad hoc and unprofessional communication procedures as they relate to their IT systems. Our assessment will uncover communication challenges and map a process for streamlining communication.
Problem #3: Recurrence of Common Problems. Many business owners tell us that there is always something that needs to be fixed. Once one problem is solved, two more arise. This happens when your IT strategy is reactive rather than proactive. Our assessment will identify reactive issues that are costing you money and outline a proactive plan for identifying and preventing potential problems BEFORE they arise.
What Improvements Can You Expect?
Our metrics show, small businesses can expect…
- 25-200% increase in productivity
- 27% reduction in downtime and lost hours
…while larger businesses can often double these results.
What Is Involved?
First, we review your strategy, computers, and servers.
We analyze your…
- MTBF (or mean time between failure).
- Data backup strategy
- Disaster recovery strategy
- Overall security plan
- Wiring and power connections
- Hardware, software, and cabling
Then we use this data to determine your five to ten AOHOs – Areas of Highest Opportunity.
These are your areas of “lowest hanging fruit.” Areas that, if they are addressed promptly, can return the largest savings in time and money.
Here are some of the most common AOHOs we uncover with our assessment…
- Neglected computers, neglected servers – software updates come out every week and many small business fail to install them on all machines. This can significantly shorten your MTBF and reduce your system security.
Systems that are not maintained regularly overheat and crash. .If you’re not on top of the hard drive it will fill up and run out Same thing with a server.
Data backup & disaster recovery issues – most companies do not have an adequate backup and recovery strategy. Our assessment will show how to update your procedures to avoid massive data loss.
- Security challenges– The most common issues we uncover are inadequate firewall protection, weak virus prevention poor or no security update strategy, and little to no network monitoring. We’ll outline a full security strategy to lockdown your systems and data.
- Wiring problems – Incorrect wiring can crash a network. We find the issues and show you how to fix them quickly.
- Improper power protection. Improper power protection can lead to data loss and corruption. We look at 9 different possible power protection problems that can drive your system to failure.
- Potential cloud service opportunities – We routinely find opportunities that save our clients 50% or more on IT services. Most 10-plus-employee companies can save at minimum $100,000.00 in just 5 years.
Plus, we will…
- identify any IT warning signs that currently exist in your IT environment
- map out a solution to address those warning signs
- provide you with a “battle plan” for an IT solution that will assist in your company's business goals and catch any problems before they become disasters
- Diagnose any ongoing problems or concerns you have with the computers on your network.
- Scan for hidden viruses, spyware and loopholes in your network security that could allow hackers and other cyber criminals to access your confidential information.
- Check your system backups to make sure they are not corrupted and can be recovered in case of an emergency.
- Review your network configuration and peripheral devices to ensure that you are getting the maximum performance and speed from your machines.
- Review your server file logs to look for looming problems or conflicts that can cause unexpected downtime.
- Check that all security updates and patches are in place.
Our Goal: Simplify Your IT Strategy While Meeting Regulatory Compliance That Require Risk Assessments.
Timeframe: 1 to 3 weeks.
One of three things will happen next:
- You decide to implement the recommendations yourself
- You engage us to implement the recommendations. If you choose this option, and we start within 2 weeks, we will apply 50% of your assessment fee to our initial engagement fee.
- You are unsatisfied with our assessment. If you are unsatisfied and do not see how our assessment has identified at least $100,000 in savings, I will refund your money.
This is our unconditional GUARANTEE.
At Compliance Armor, we've spent over 20 years becoming experts in this stuff so that you don't have to.